We were supposed to fly to Boston early this morning for the study that Tessie's part of, which includes, autism testing there. It's her 18 month visit.
Last night that flight was canceled.
Paul got on the phone and managed to get us moved over to two seats on a flight early Friday morning. And then we waited.
We got an email asking us to check in this afternoon and when I clicked to confirm it, the confirmation wouldn't go through. Paul called to make sure that everything was fine and he was assured that it was.
I had just finished repacking our bags, and was about to move Tessie's car seat over to Paul's car so that we could leave at 3 am, when my phone dinged.
I glanced down and saw the words "flight canceled" flash across the screen not ten seconds after Paul told me that the woman at JetBlue had assured him that all was well.
But apparently word must not have come down to her yet, that basically all the Friday flights were going to be cancelled too and we were out of luck.
We're not really sure what is going to happen now. Because I really want to find a way to get there. I really would like to know how Tessie would do on an ADOS and Mullin now, instead of in ages, in August.
Nani and Bopa were here from California staying with the other kids while we flew with Tessie to Boston Children's and it is highly unlikely I'm going to figure out an alternate plan before they return home in a few days so... today was tough.
The number of tears that followed that text were not insignificant. I did not take that news super well. This trip was kind of a big deal. And not going was/is... a big deal.
Out of all the days that I randomly picked a couple of months ago I had to pick the blizzard "bomb cyclone" week to schedule her appointment.
There is so much coming up in the next few weeks, but I'm hoping we can figure out something quick out, even if it's just me and Super Tess.