Friday, May 15, 2015

7 Quick Takes Friday: In Which My Quick Takes are Actually Quick for Once


One of Maggie's therapists told me that on Tuesday she has said "M-A-G-G-I-E... Maggie!"  

She can identify the words Maggie, Mommy and Sadie, but she's been a little frustrated that when she tries to write the letters they don't look very much like her therapists' letters.  

Today at OT she got a chance to write on the mirror with special mirror markers.  One of the first things she did was say and write "M" several times.  

Then she said repeatedly spelled out her name rather proudly.  The g's were like one long curly cue and while it's not quite legible, 

I loved that she carefully wrote each attempt at a letter as she said it out loud.


The other exciting moment came when she took the marker and drew a circle.  As she continued to draw she said "Eye, eye, ear, ear, nose, smile.  Girl!"  We noticed that as she drew the first figure she looked at her mermaid.  When she drew her second she kept glancing over at the OT intern that started working with her this week.  Then she turned and looked behind her at me as she drew one of her mermaids.  

Here was her master piece:


Speaking of OT, I did something a little crazy and agreed to bring all four kids (with Paul and one of our OTs) on the upcoming Children's Miracle Network Telethon in our city.  

Every time I think of what it's likely to be like the phrase "herding cats" come to mind.  

So if you want to see the general chaos that is all four of my children in one space at one time you can (if you get WILX... I'm not sure if there's a way to watch on the website... and hopefully they don't do anything worthy of going viral...)"


Upon closer examination I'm pretty sure that Maggie drew James (who she refers to as "Mermaid Baby" 90% of the time and "Ames" the other 10%) sitting in my lap:

Either that or she's letting me know in stick figure form that I haven't quite lost the baby weight.


Sadie's gearing up for her big dance recital.  She knows the entire dance by heart and can hardly wait to wear her costume on stage for the first time!  


Patch's self made goal for the week has been to teach himself how to roller skate.  

It has involved quite a few spills and tears, but he's getting the hang of it. He really wants to keep up with his big sisters:


This picture was snapped when three out of four children were asleep and Sadie and I were enjoying the quiet!    

For more Quick Takes head over and visit Kelly at This Ain't the Lyceum!


  1. More like herding butterflies or a school of fish

  2. And there's Kitty Fish! Haven't seen him in a long time. He's looking mighty healthy! Those meeces didn't stand a chance....
    God bless. ~ Bonnie

  3. Such beautiful children!!!

    You are a very brave lady taking all 4 little ones to the Telethon! (Though those are often the most memorable bits of the show.)

    My husband was one of the local hosts for umpteen years, and I distinctly remember the year he brought both of our girls (about aged 2 and 5 at the time) and older dd (aka "the well-behaved one") bit her sister on the foot, on camera.

    God bless and good luck; I will certainly try to watch online. :)



I love comments and I read every single comment that comes in (and I try to respond when the little ones aren't distracting me to the point that it's impossible!). Please show kindness to each other and our family in the comment box. After all, we're all real people on the other side of the screen!