It's finished. At least I hope it is! Last night I finished the last button hole and sewed on the last six buttons. I'm not entirely sure about the neck being wide enough... although the top buttons are close enough together that I might just leave one unbuttoned if it does end up being too small. I think it should be okay... And so, here it is! The Baptismal Gown:
And of course I had to show close ups of each full picture!
Here's the front:
And the back:
I wish the details of the lace on the sleeves showed up a bit better in these...
And lastly here are the hand sewed buttons and button holes.
It would have definitely gone much more quickly if the button foot on my sewing machine had fit, but I learned something!
The gown itself is made with a high quality "satin" 100% cotton. Next I'm planning on making a light weight slip, also out of cotton and a jacket and bonnet out of the white dupioni silk that I have laying around! I'm basing the jacket loosely on Patch's jacket, so I'm hoping it turns out like this:
We'll see if I can pull it off before he arrives! Either way at least the gown itself is done!