And that is the moment that this idea was born.
I put the snood away and went to my sewing machine with scissors, pins and a piece of fabric leftover from my last dress. I cut and pinned and estimated and created a pattern. A lot of guessing was involved. And amazingly, my first try did actually turn out to be a snood. I'm going to wear it this week and see how it holds up to wear and tear and see what needs to be changed or improved upon. Here's Snood #1:
I have a picture in my head of the snoods that are to come: some are colorful like the one pictured, some are dainty and some are simple. All will be carefully made to stand up to tugging toddler hands and the rigors of everyday life. This snood, as shown, is actually pictured with my hair down to see if it could hold up the weight (which pulls most snoods off) and it actually did.
So that's a sneak peak of what I'm working on! There will be more to come (both of snoods and dolls and chaplets) soon!