I'm feeling particularly industrious today. It must be that second trimester energy boost! It's finally here!
Here are the projects I've been working on lately:
Those are the main projects I have going at the moment! Paul would tell you that I need to work on finishing old projects before I start new ones (but he'd also blame it on my personality type on those personality tests- INTJ... so I guess I'm hopeless!). Now that Sadie's awake I have to run! I promised that we'd go on a walk and bake a cake today!
- Rosaries- I taught myself how to make wire rosaries and have been working like crazy on them! I'm hoping to open an etsy shop sometime in the very near future and rosaries are quickly becoming one of my favorite things to make! It's taking me about two hours to make one now although when Sadie "helps" me it can take considerably longer.
- Crochet- I'm working on a gigantic rose colored blanket for Sadie. I started it a while back and told her I was making a blanket for her to have on her bed when she was ready for a real twin size "big girl bed." Which brings up the question of why I made it so huge. it will easy drape down either side of her "big girl bed" when she finally grows out of her little one. In fact, it may be big enough to go across our king sized bed. It should be a fun blanket for her to make forts out of though. Hopefully it will be done in time for her next birthday. I've got three and a half months!
- Knitting- I have a aquamarine scarf on one pair of needles, a cable knit sweater I haven't touched in ages on another, an easter sweater for Sadie that matched her newMommy-made dress, and a different cable sweater for me that has been 90% finished since December. All that is left is one part of the final sleeve. I'm sure it will be perfect by next Christmas!
- Sewing- Having finished up Sadie's dress I think I'll try another. I received some of those super-sale patterns I got from Vogue (the vintage ones were on sale for $3 something but the sale was over by the time I came over here to post on it!) but I think I'll try three or four more little Sadie dresses before I risk that much material on my sewing skills.
- Needle Point- I found a bunch of squares with nursery rhythm characters on them and have been stitching them up with embroidery floss. I'd like to make a nursery rhythm quilt (Sadie's a little obsessed with Mother Goose at the moment) but I may end up framing them and putting them in her room (when she has a room!) until I get around to the quilt idea!
- Felting- my felting plan has been on hold for a few weeks, after the last debacle. I knit the material I need to make mittens, now I just need to felt it and see if it's going to work or if we're in for another disaster!
I love the second trimester nesting/energy boost!