I've been meaning to write this post for a few days now, and finally got around to loading the pictures onto my computer. Mae Bae put my homemade laundry detergent to the test this past week. I was pretty confident in the detergent's ability to handle most of the dirt. I've been using it on our clothes for a few weeks now and I love the smell (I think it's the zote soap), and everything has been turning out really well (the whites are so bright! But the colors are good too!).
This dress, however, would take the challenge to a whole new level. Because Mae Bae... well... she's Mae Bae... and she knows how to make a mess:
Here's a closer look at the damage. She'd really outdone herself:
I tossed the dress in with a small hot load, since I didn't have very many whites that needed to be washed, and ran it with about a tablespoon of detergent, to see how it would do without stain spray. The bottom of the dress came clean. There were a few grass stains that remained. I used the homemade stain treatment on them and I ran it through to more times in an attempt to get the final grass stain, which was teeny tiny, out. That one grass stain was the only thing that the detergent and stain spray didn't work on, but it's really hidden in the folds of the skirt, and the dress practically sparkles now. All in all, I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out:
And here's a closeup of the skirt! Not bad considering how ground in the dirt was!
Impressive! I asked a comment about hard water on your previous post with your recipe, but I did some digging and found out that Borax is a water softener. Since we have hard water this was a big green light for me to try the detergent! Glad to see it works so well!ReplyDelete