- I used to spend a lot of time fighting! I have a black belt in Shorin Ryu Karate and a brown belt in Kyokushin Karate and I studied Taekwando, Wushu and Aikido. My black belt tested lasted for 12 hours (with no food).
- We are currently living in a hundred square foot cabin without running water. We are hoping to move into an apartment before blessing #2 comes along. It's getting crowded! And I miss indoor plumbing!
- I was my high school's valedictorian, played basketball and was a cheerleader. I am a bit of a perfectionist.
- We'd love to have a big family and can't wait to see how many God will bless us with. When people ask how many we plan on having Paul jokingly says 14.
- I want to learn how to bake (well!) but hardly ever find the time. Someday I will make it through all the beautiful recipes in my Martha Stewart baking book.
- During college I studied Mandarin, Cantonese, Japanese, isiXhosa, Spanish, German and French. I ended up learning the most Mandarin and Spanish because they're what my friends and coworkers spoke. It was a little confusing though taking tests and having the answer pop into my head in another language!
- Before I got engaged I was hired by the CIA's "clandestine service" branch. After surviving 13 months of interviews, psych evals, testing and a polygraph I.... got married and moved to the middle of nowhere. And I love being a SAHM!
- If I could I would spent an insane amount of time knitting. When I was pregnant last time I was known to knit 12 hours at a time to finish baby sweaters. These days I don't have that kind of time...
- I could eat pizza every single day and not get tired of it.
- I'm a tap dancer and I can't wait to buy Sadie her first pair of tiny tap shoes. I think she'll love stomping around in them.
- I'm a morning person. And lately I've been having a hard time keeping my eyes open after eight o'clock.
- My degree is in political science from Saint Mary's College of California!
- I met my first horse when I was three days old. He sniffed my diaper and it was the start of a beautiful 14 year friendship.
- We are definitely going to homeschool our kids.
- Thanksgiving has always been my favorite holiday.
- I've finished three novels. I have yet to send any of them into a publisher. I think it's that whole "perfectionist" thing flaring up.
- I've tried snowboarding, but I'll always be a skier at heart.
- I'm scared of heights but I once jumped out of a plane at 15,000 feet.
- I was obsessed with rugby for several years and went to South Africa to play (and go to school!).
- Between labor and a back injury I've had five epidurals and a spinal block. Only one spinal headache though. Ouch!
- I surfed during and after college, but now that I'm a mom I think my surfing days are done. There are too many sharks in Nor Cal and I'm not as fearless as I used to be.
- I love to garden. Paul thinks I'm crazy and does not enjoy it when my gardening hobby includes him (but he can dig holes so much faster than I can).
- Someday Paul and I will finally take our trip around the world!
- I constantly have the Wonder Pet theme song going through my head.
- And last, but certainly not least my nickname is.... Pengie. It's because Paul says I "dance like a penguin...." Maybe like a Happy Feet Penguin.... after all I am a tap dancer.
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
25 Things About Me!
I keep seeing these 25 Things About Me articles in those silly magazines (that I've been trying not to buy but that sometimes hop into the cart) on news stands and decided to do one for the blog. Some things you may already know from reading my blog and some may be surprises. So here goes: